Tuesday, November 23, 2010

We might just need a bubble....

to stay inside of until the Spring gets here! We have been hit with the stomach bug (only Kyle and Mom this time Praise the Lord!!) Yes- I am thankful that it stopped at me and hasn't made its way to any other body in this house... if you recall my previous post about the last time we all had this..... you will see why....

Other than that- oh- and Kaden having to take 10 more (possibly 20 more) days of a new antibiotic for a major sinus infection- we are good. I hope to stay this way.

I haven't been to church but maybe 1 time in 3 weeks. THREE WEEKS. This is major for me. I find myself being super chatty with any adult that will talk back and I think it is from lack of a social life. I have even considered calling up a few of my "working" friends to go to lunch before I turn into Dora the Explorer and singing and dancing everytime someone picks up their toys, eats all of their lunch, remembers to put their shoes away, etc. This is a very small price to pay for staying home with the babies- but sometimes a good face to face convo is worth hundreds of dollars (the phone doesn't count) I am also thinking of planning a lunch at home with some Mom's that don't get out much either..... we shall see..... most of us are still too busy to do that either! (We that have a "none-job" of cleaning houses- we have to schedule our days around dropping off, picking up with an occasional grocery store/mall visit in between) Not complaining- not at all- I live a priviledged life and I am grateful for it- I just need out of the box every now and again....

We did have Stacie's baby shower last week and it was AWESOME! She got TONS of the cutest little things. I actually went to her house yesterday and saw her adorable nursery all put together and let me tell you- all it is missing is a bouncing baby boy because she has EVERYTHING else :)





Her diaper cake made by me and Lindsey (who can make a bow which I CANNOT do!)



We went to a Gaither Concert in Chattanooga Saturday afternoon. This was our "anniversary" weekend. A singing and a trip to Sticky Fingers with everyone- some things never change. After 9 years of marriage (after 5 years of dating) we are still choosing being with friends over going somewhere alone. That is just us in a nutshell- always has been. We were in the car alone for a while (we actually rode with Chad and Emily to the singing) but it was like Ahhhhhh I can actually hear what you are saying- how nice :)

So that is it for now- Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and yours. And ba-hum-bug to those of you whom have put your trees up already.... I am thinking maybe Dec. 10..... I have yet to jump into the spirit of things..... maybe getting out at 4am on Friday will perk me up ;)-

2 comments:

Marty said...

I have five up....just so you know... :) And still contemplating one more. ....we wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas........

Stephanie T said...

OH NO - when did you get it?? We got ours out of the way a couple of weeks ago....I'm hoping it's a "one stomach bug winter". If so, we're done!!!