Monday, November 28, 2011

In our world....

Oh the things going on in our crazy world! We are in the throws of the holiday season.... jam packed weekend schedules (and some week days!) We have family functions, church functions, friend functions... all of which I am looking forward to... all of which would be less stressful if my "to-do" and "to-buy" and "to-cook" lists were completed..... If my multiple personalities were actual PEOPLE I could get this all done alot quicker ;) Oh, and not to mention, someone is supposed to be buying my house (keep praying- no contract yet but it is in the works) and my realtor calls me with the details and says "Oh, I knew there was something I meant to tell you..... they want to close in DECEMBER!  I was like "Praise the Lord" and "What in the world" all in one thought.... I have nothing packed.... I don't want to jinx it by doing any packing too soon.... but I also realize that leaves me 4 weeks to do it all PLUS show up at all these dates that are marked on my calender..... mercy mercy mercy.... maybe Santa will bring me an Elf to help out!

We did the Thanksgiving run-around. I went to see my Maw Maw and Paw Paw on Wednesday night. Trying to get 3 functions in one day when 2 of them start at the same time is impossible. We went to Granny's for lunch on Thursday and to Aunt Debbie's that evening. We ate and ate and ate some more. JD and I have been on the South Beach (aka- Meat, cheese, salad, No-carb, try to kill me) Diet. His cholesterol is at such bad levels the doctor was wanting to put him on  medication but we are trying this to see if we can control it with diet before he has to resort to that. Anyway- We cheated Thanksgiving (& I did the rest of the weekend... shhhhh.... I don't think he noticed!) I had lost 6 lbs but I am thinking I found it after all the cake and pie and dressing I consumed.... it was worth it !



I did the whole Black Friday thing.... it was fun... I realized after I returned home that I bought more for me than for everyone on my list ;) Having the new house has made my list pretty long! My best purchase was my $49 bar stools! I was afraid they would look like $49 bar stools so I took one out of the box (in pieces- I am sure I will be assembling them soon) and they are really pretty and sturdy (well , should be sturdy- again I will be assembling them :) If you get a chance to come to my new house..... you might want to sit at the table!

Oh and how could I forget to throw a ROLL TIDE in here after that fantastic game Saturday! Well, what of the game I actually watched.... I kinda napped through the first quarter and I was suddenly awakened to a disaster in the second quarter..... Kyle and Kaden were upstairs at Karen's house where they were supposed to be watching cartoons... well you know what un-attended boys do.... they try to open the windows (she has the kind that crank open and they are fascinated) ... while doing so they knock over the end table with the lamp and decorations and the wax filled Scentsy-type thingy... and the wax goes pouring down Kaden's head- all in his hair- all over Kyle's arm- all over the table- luckily not so much on the floor..... both boys had goose-egg knots on their heads from the falling objects.... and both were screaming to the tops of their lungs...... (insert my repeated I-need-a-straight-jacket comment here) We cleaned it all up, peeled what wax we could off of my children- took a fine tooth comb to Kaden's hair to get the massive amounts of mulberry-ish scented wax out of his hair.... and THEN (yes, you know my stories always get a little more interesting) Kaden starts having an allergic reacation to the scent in the wax and Karen's puppy and his entire face whelps over, his eye swells, his cheek puffs out on one side..... and he and I take a trip to good ole' Grant Pharmacy for a Benedryl run........ this is true life here.... no reality show needed!

And here I am today- blogging while the babies are asleep..... yes babies... Miss Karsyn is staying with us now while Amy recovers from having baby Anzlie. I was in the mood to do a post so I let blogging take precedence to the mounds of laundry and crazy weekend madness that seems to be strewn all over my house. I guess I will get it started now...... happy rainy Monday!

And Roll Tide again.... :)

No comments: