Saturday, February 27, 2010

Just when you think you have it all under control....

You get that bad feeling in your gut.... that super bad one.... then you start to think about how you may be getting this bad stomach feeling because your baby "shared" his bug with you.... and the feeling gets a little worse... you baracade your 3 children into a bedroom and call your spouse to come home ASAP and go into panic mode with Lysol in hand..... and then it all falls apart from there....

I developed the bug late Wednesday afternoon and after getting everything in line so I could go in to lock down in my bedroom (and pray for 3 hours b/c I was certain at one point that I could just possibly die from a stomach bug) And alas- somewhere between 9 and 10 the storm passed and I went to sleep..... only to be awoken by "Drea, Kyle has DESTROYED his bed and Kaylee is on the couch complaining with her stomach....." I jumped up (room spinning- body shaking- trying not to cry) and go to the rescue. JD got Kyle bathed and situated, bed stripped and Lysol'ed.... put Kaylee in her bed to keep her away from her cootie infested Mom and brother...... and you got it.... 20 minutes later.... she joined the club..... and I had to bathe her and get her situated on whatever spot was left in the living room. We rotated 2 couches, the recliner and the floor until 7 am when the nightmare finally ended.

It was a LOOOOOONG night of NOOOOOO sleep and LOTTSS of laundry and tears.... but we are alive. We stayed in the living room all Thursday trying to catch up on the sleep we DID NOT get the night before. I was able to work Friday - my momma came to keep the kids (rest assured, my floors were mopped in Lysol, my kitchen scrubbed in Lysol, and my bathroom was coated in Lysol.... I told mom I was going to have it safe before she got here :) Kyle missed his Pre-K program :( I missed "Muffins with Mom (ok... I wasn't too saddened by this one) JD missed work to be my right hand man- and his hypochondriac self did really well considering the situation at hand.

So my word of advice for this post..... when you are thinking about having 3 kids (which I did, and I love and I would NOT change for the world).... just think of how many pillows, sheets, comforters, mattress pads and garbage cans you have in stock and DOUBLE it.... You will need them one day BELIEVE ME

4 comments:

Sherrill said...

Bless you child. One more nightmare you can say you "endured"!!! Motherhood is alternately the most wonderful/exhausting existence. . .LOL Tell JD I'm proud of him. :-)

Stephanie T said...

OH NO!!! Girl we are sharing the same boat this winter - been there and done that this week! Stew joined the club too at our house :( Spring HAS to come soon or we will ALL lost what is left of our minds!!!

Amber said...

Girl you are too funny! It did make me feel like I was going to die too, only mine lasted longer than 3 hours, LOL.

A word of advice....get some hospital pads, the cloth ones. They work wonders when you are sick (and/or potty training)!

Cassie said...

That sounds so familiar to me....oh maybe it's because all 4 of us were in that same boat a couple of months ago - thanks to Tara and Tyler giving us the bug! Yeah - it's great being sick and your kids throwing up at the same time - you holler at your hubby to help and while he is trying to help - he has to run to the toilet to puke too! Yeah - we used towels/pee pads for babies to sleep on so every time they rolled over and puked again it was easier to clean up. I like the idea of hospital pads! I need to stock for next time haha.