Monday, December 13, 2010

Merry Christmas Round One......

OK- delayed once again.... but we had our New Harmony Christmas get-together at Todd and Erica's house last Saturday night. It was the kick-off of the next 3 weeks of Christmas gatherings we have scheduled- therefore I am calling it "Round One" (rest assured I will be KO by the last round of all of this!)
And believe it or not... I took pictures :) These are random- but it wouldn't be me if they weren't....







We had to go buy a new laptop on Sunday because the Gateway officially died (well- the battery did- and the power cord- which makes it pretty dead!) We spent most of MY shopping time in Best Buy (just like I told JD we would- he didn't seem to care) It was all good though- I threw in some Photoshop software on our way out for my reward for being (not-really-so) patient while he asked 341343 questions to every person in a blue shirt!! Now if I had someone to show me how in the world to use it- I would be in business!! (not real business- no worries for Byrd and Marty- I am saving all my mad skills for myself :)

We got home Sunday night just in time for the kids to step out into the Alabama version of a blizzard. Yes- Kyle already had a runny nose- but DAD said they could play out in it. They had fun- and notice that Kaylee put her gown on with jeans, a coat , gloves and her CHURCH SHOES! Poor kid has her Momma's looks and her daddy's brain ;)


Yesterday morning we woke up to a freezing cold house- like 58 degrees of freezing cold! NO HEAT! Ummmm- remember we JUST put our unit in about 10 months ago! I put the kids clothes in the dryer to warm them up- got them ready in 10 minutes flat and threw them in the car because it was nice and toasty in there. Thank the good Lord above it was only a breaker that wasn't turned on when the unit was installed! You can just picture this- JD and I outside in Carhart at 6 in the morning attempting to act like we have a clue where the breaker is on the unit. Lets just say that Heating and Cooling will not be added to our resume` anytime soon!

Well- I am outta here. I have to go wiggle that one loose light on my tree that keeps making the whole strand go out......grrrrrrrr!

2 comments:

Nickie G said...

Good Luck with the Photoshop! You be sure and let me know if you figure it out, cause I've had Photoshop elements for over a year and I am totally too DUMB to figure it out!!! I even bought a book (WITH PICTURES) to Visually Teach yourself - you can borrow it if you want - (They didn't have the one for Dummies!) and still have only figured out how to do maybe 2 things! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Youtube videos are a key part of Photoshop. Type in what you want to do such as "change eye color photoshop" and there are tons of videos that show you step by step what to do.