Monday, August 31, 2009

We are getting there...






We may be slow... but we are getting there. This is our life motto- we are in a rush to make it through life it seems- but we will make it! I am ready for some slow down time. I want to soak all of life as it is RIGHT NOW in- I want my kids at this age to be forever burned in my memory. Kaylee is growing up faster than we ever imagined-they are all 3 growing faster than we can keep up with. Bittersweet I guess- I love having them small, innocent and untouched from what the world is going to be offering them in a few days. I also want Joe David and I to be as we are now- young enough to function with some energy in us to keep up- our good health- our great life. I just can't see things getting any better so I just want to stay here- here is good- there is unknown.

I know...... this is deep for me..... believe it or not... I can be serious... though I am mostly retarded mixed in with SOME seriousness and a pinch of attitude for good measure.... Yes- a PINCH.... OK.... maybe a GALLON....

This past week was another calender full- school, work, church- the norm. I started Weight Watchers Wednesday in hopes that it will help me to get back in my fall/winter clothes (Note: I haven't worn them since year BEFORE last) I don't have the maternity privilege this year. I paid the money- hoping it would be more motivating- well.. we will see.... and I will leave it at that :)

We had a singing at our church Friday night. It was good.

Saturday was escape day for me. JD had plans to be gone all day and I just couldn't take another Saturday of sitting at home (when it is just the kids and I at home- there is nothing I can accomplish) So I was out the door- went and got Kaden's 4 month pictures made- did a little shopping with Granna- to the grocery store- then back home. Sounds like so little when you write it down yet as I was doing it I felt like I had been out for hours (it was FOUR hours... FORever when you are getting that blessed double stroller in and out of the car...)

Sunday we went to the Mountain to see my Maw Maw and Paw Paw for their birthdays- she is 79 and he will be 81 in a few days. We had such a great time. The kids played and it was so wild to see them playing the same things we did as kids at Maw Maw's house- they were exploring Paw Paw's big red barn (a garage of things... some would call it junk.... kids call it treasures) rolling each other around the yard in garbage cans- I had total flashbacks when they came in talking about that one. (We tried that once on the biggest hill in the yard- in a METAL garbage can- needless to say we all needed a Tetinus shot by the time that day over!) We miss alot of the get-togethers over there- so we had a great time- only half of the family was there- but that was ok considering there are 13 grandkids- most of whom are married- and I think we are one great-grandchild #34... if I added right... the larger the family gets the smaller MawMaw's house is.....

and alas it is Monday.... PTO meeting tonight- fundraiser's to sell- wardrobes to sift through........ as I said...... we are getting there....

No comments: