Monday, June 27, 2011

In our hearts forever...

It is still unreal to think that Bro Dennis McAnnally will no longer be here. He was such a good man. I never heard him say anything that wasn't kind. He was so good to JD and I- he just encouraged us along. He will always have a special place in my heart because he played a special part in the night I made it right with the Lord. It was Friday night of Skyline's revival. The air conditioning had been broken most of the week- and it was the 1st week in June - so to say it was hot would be an understatement! Bro David had worked with the lost all week and was give out (he had to be give out... he was sitting on a bench and I rarely knew of him doing that during alter call before his health declined) Bro Dennis said the Lord spoke to him and told him to tell Bro David to go pray for me because I was going to make it. Bro Dennis did just that- he told Bro David "I believe if you would go help her, she will make it" Bro David came to my side and said "Look around at all these people praying for you (I still hear it ringing in my ears) They believe you can make it!" and he turned to catch Bro Eddie Arnold walking away and he said " He was going to sit down but I think he will stay if you will believe the Lord..... Are you going to believe Him?" and my reply "I will  try" ..... and two minutes later I did........ Praise the Lord I did! The first person I caught around the neck on my way up from the floor- Sis Lillian Stephens. It is unreal to think that 16 years later-  4 of the people who played a big role in the night I made it have all passed away. I guess that is why they call it "Precious Memories".

No comments: