Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Oh the joys of motherhood....

Saturday was Jordan and Tallie's wedding. We love ALL of the Harkins kids and have now witnessed all 4 of them as they began their wedded lives. I had everyone ready- all in pink because I like to match (and the smart thing is... everyone wears the same colors.... you have fewer loads of laundry.... my free tip of the day) We find the place (think over the river... or lake... and through the woods... and down a creepy gravel road...) We unload everyone about 15 minutes before the wedding begins. We walk up the gravel road and up a hill of grass... in heels... well- me in heels... jd left his at home ;) and the sweating begins! It was HOT! Like the kind of hot that makes you feel faint kind of hot. This is where my fun begins....

Kaden (in his cute pink polo and linen pants) has a diaper mishap about 2 minutes before the ceremony begins (I am talking- pee down to his shoes) So- he, Kyle and myself go hiking back to the car to get changed. JD and I decided they would be fine in the car watching a movie because at this point I missed the first 10 minutes anyway- I buckled the boys in (Kaylee WAS NOT about to miss seeing a bride- she is wedding obsessed!) threatened Kyle's life if he dare got out of his seat for any reason- turned their movie on and walked back to see the rest of the wedding. I topped the hill and grabbed a fan to attempt to cool off (the sweat had taken over- I am very hot natured and at this point I was about to collapse) and caught the beginning of the exchanging of the vows. I stood there alone (as in- no kids pulling on me) and listened and fanned.... when I hear someone holler "MOMMA" and I froze thinking "You have GOT to be kidding me!" I turned and politely walked as fast as I could before a scene was made... and he screams again "MOMMA, I neeeeed you" (before you flip out thinking the car is being stolen... this wasn't a scared cry or a hurt cry I was hearing from my child... it was the cry like "I need toilet paper" cry... and I was about to die!) I look to see Kyle hanging out the window of my car (where he is still buckled in his seat) and he says "You have to push play so our movie will come on!" And what could I say... he was just minding for once in his little life.....

And I said "Forget it" and sat in the car until the wedding was over. Yep..... we were there.... I know a few saw us..... even if it wasn't the bride and groom!!!

Next time I take 3 kids to a wedding that is outdoors at the end of June..... it won't happen....... maybe when they are teens.... but even then I will really have to think about it....

And this is how cute they looked before we left..... it didn't last but that is what deceiving pictures are for!





 
 
There you have it. Once again- a very real, true, raw moment in the life of Drea..... never a dull moment... never ever never ever never.....

4 comments:

Ashleigh Hyatt said...

LOL!! and i'm only LOL b/c i can SO picture it happening to me....one word - BABYSITTER!! btw, i hope you were pleased w/ the trays :)-

Heather said...

Come on...just add one more...it'll be fun...Chip and Tina are doing it...won't you join our Crazy, Insane, Mothers of Four club?!? Muwaaaaahhahahahaha

TaylorB said...

Haha yeah I feel your pain, we were at Skyline one 1st Saturday night and I sent Xander to the bathroom alone, not wise, anyway in a bit I hear him screaming at me. Also the water spraying in the sink and this was from maybe the 4th or so bench back! I go in there and he can't reach to wash his hands!! lol

Shelby Baker said...

Oh man... I have laughed so hard at your stories. I love reading your blog. I never fail to laugh... it amazes me how throughout all the madness you still find humor- and time (!!) to blog! Much less, time to do ANYTHING! I look up to you with great confidence! If you never blog for any other reason- blog to make me laugh, kay? :)